14. Hajad the Pirate--from the Layer it Up! kit

Hajad...an untrustable rogue and pirate, but handy in a tight situation







With just some washes, Hajad looks good before any detailing at all...but I will put him in the WIP category for now...(below).  I was originally going to make him black, but i didn't think you could see the moustache I wanted...



Ib decided Hajad is not black, and has a moustache.  Of course, he looks much better with a little detail--I'm still exploring the Camera+ 2 app for photography
I do have to say that all of the figures I've painted so far look WAYYYY better at arm's length.  This picture is taken at about 2' range compared to the one above which was taken at about 6"

According to the scheme of "Painting levels" (because I don't think these look particularly awesome in Macro photo mode) this means I'm panting at level 4 on that scale.  I hit all details, use more than three color, use at least four layers of highlighting/shading, and am working on blending colors.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9. Lendil Blackroot