24. Ville Mareth, a.k.a., Alfred Redlute, Human (Death Metal) Bard


Ville is the PC for Brandon, who is also in th
 Ravenloft campaign with Brennan (Deanno Marcoseh).  I am really happy with the learning gained in this mini--materials, modifying, advanced basing, bits & bobs, etc.

  He is based on the figure Alfred Redlute from Reaper, and this picture Brandon sent me.


 He is a dark character with a dark history, and probably a dark future.



I think here, he has broken out his balladier accoutrements from his kit:  a stack of candles for moodiness and the skull of his enemy (or maybe a local skull he says is his enemy's).
Here he is stepping on a broken beer bottle

He's been drinking a little, and maybe somebody said something that stirred up some bad memories...or maybe he just didn't like their face.
He appears to be in motion as he hits the last notes of his song, sweeping his blade free of its scabbard and crushing his beer bottle underfoot (see the closeup photo) as he leaps at his foes.  He may be outnumbered, but he's got liquor and fury behind him.

Ville was a real challenge because he doesn't look like the usual fantasy character--he looks like a goth metal guitarist...or Ace Frehley.

Very challenging was the fact he is wearing all black leather--which is harder to paint than you might imagine.

I ordered some cool new bits from Green Stuff World, Citadel and Tabletop Art, and wanted to incorporate them here because I was excited:  witness advanced basing with candles, bottles, skulls and cobblestones.
I made several big errors here:  one was that I didnt remove the pudding base (this is a pewter mini) until after I painted him.  The razor saw wasn't working so I had to use the dremel tool to grind it off.  This caused a shower of filings to imbed into his leather coat and guitar back.  I did my best to brush it off--but we may explain the remaining sparkles as metal studs on his coat...I don't think you can even see them unless I tell you they are there.

So then I drilled holes into his feet and the cobblestones and did a dry assembly before painting everything on the base.
Add painted bottles, his buddy's skull and some scented candles, and kapow






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9. Lendil Blackroot