25. Mordecai, a.k.a, Toruk, Tiefling Barbarian



The Party of Four is complete!

Malachi is my best work so far, using the image Jeff gave me to work with:

This is another PC from the Ravenloft Campaign setting, playing with Dan Marcos the half-elf Wizard and Ville Mareth, human bard.


I went with a red tinted palette (instead of green and blonde), as befits a martial force of nature like this very frightening Barbarian.  Also, Tieflings are demonic half-breeds, ranging from very human looking to really devilish.  Malachi is a little on the demonic side...


Here, Mordecai shows that he is in motion, planting his lead hoof on the skull of a vanquished foe before launching into a RAGE fueled leap of fury and death.  I mean, look at the skulls!  I love the huge orc skull behind his tail...



I can never decide which backdrop color i like best--Yellow?  Red?
Maybe this blue-grey backdrop is the best--it looks like storm clouds

His Demonic Battle Rage is barely in control, war-chant rhythmically punctuated by rapid, staccato axe strokes.
The ancient song of his clan carries his axe forward, heedless of any obstacle, any man, any beast...
So, Malachi was a great opportunity to use the Citadel Skulls I just got--and to what effect--a cool one, I think...


I also refined the conversion procedure where I made a bunch of mistakes on Ville Mareth:







I separated him from his pudding base before painting
 The foot pegs were easier here, because his hooves are pretty big--again, I'm going to avoid doing this on metal minis in the future.

 I picked out a nice selection of victims' skulls.  How did they get so clean of rotten flesh on the battlefield?  I don't know the answer to that question.
Then a pre-lim base sizing before laying down some pebbles and grass, followed by a nice black primer coat and some light dry brushing to show the detail.  I painted the skulls separately (maybe that was a mistake...because I realized I didnt want to paint over grass)


The it all came together with assembly and the shading/highlighting.  My lesson here is that it doesn't take more than I already know how to do to make a really awesome conversion--you just have to take a deep breath and start cutting things into pieces.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9. Lendil Blackroot