42. Kiphrixis, a Large Green Dragon

Ok, this is by far my biggest "mini" so far.  Large is right.  This was really intimidating, and I had to approach the painting over several months.  I really messed it up at one point, but now I'm really happy with this guy.



The Godzilla shot, from behind the sign board.  He is literally bigger than a house!







He's just so big, he could pick up humans in his hands like a Popsicle.   He doesn't even need his chlorine gas breath weapon.


The wings came out nicely.  I didn't even know how to strategize the painting so I just started slopping wash after wash.  I think if I had Brush "painted" it would've been ugly.  I really see the value of an airbrush for projects this size after a couple months





He is originally a Bronze dragon, but I wanted a Green Dragon for my story--swampy forest is his home.  Yes, yes, green dragons have a frilly dorsal fin along their back and head.  I know.










Its hard to get the scale of this model--I should've got my hand in there at some point.  Think softball sized.  I was thinking the surface area is probably the equivalent of 30 or more human minis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9. Lendil Blackroot